Friday, September 26, 2008

Some Bumps In The Road

All has not gone well. I found out this week that my dear son, has in fact been eating gluten all week. At home I have made the transition, but at school I don't have that control. He is flat out refusing to give up all gluten. I am at my wits end. I had also given up gluten with him and reverted back to eating a piece of bread a few nights ago. I didn't think I was having a problem myself with gluten and was doing more in support with him, but boy did I not feel well the next two days. My stomach was not happy, nor did I sleep well. I don't know what that all means, but I went back off gluten just because. I think the tactic with my son will have to be educating him on why it will benefit him. In the meantime, I will keep cooking gluten free at home.

I made this really good Quinoa pasta salad. I added a little olive oil some chopped olives, tomatoes, Italian parsley and salt and pepper. Then I had some extra caramelized onions and added that in for good measure. Boy was is good. I am already thinking of all the neat flavor combos I can do with this pasta.

No comments: