Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sesame Chicken and More.

I was checking out a blog called Gluten Free Mommy and came across her sesame chicken recipe. I was thrilled. I really like her blog and her recipes look fantastic. I still have the memory of eating at Fats Bistro a few weeks ago and having there wonder sesame chicken. I wanted to be able to re-create that in my kitchen so my family could enjoy. I made it last night and my family devoured it. It was so good. Was is like Fats? No, but it was really good. I felt like it could have come from a Chinese restaurant. After dinner my gf son asked if it was really gluten free. The whole family enjoyed it, including hubby.




My friend Lisa is also going gf and shared this wonderful harvest muffin recipe. I made the muffins this weekend and my kids and hubby raved about them. They were really moist and tender and the recipe made a lot. I think this would also be good with some raisins or cranberries added in or even some chopped candied ginger. This would make a great after school snack.



Lisa's Harvest Muffins

1 cup oil
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
3 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups gluten free baking mix (I use Bob's Red Mill)
3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 cups grated zucchini (drained)
1 cup grated carrots
3 Tablespoons ground cinnamon (Yes, that really is tablespoons)




1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

2. Drain zucchini in colander until dry. Mix all the ingredients; pour into muffin tins and bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

No comments: